The PINC & STEEL cancer rehabilitation program provides a full range of services designed to care, support and guide women and men through every stage of their treatment and recovery from a cancer diagnosis.
This Program is delivered by a certified PINC & STEEL Cancer Rehab Physiotherapist. Treatment is tailored to each phase: pre-operative, post-operative, adjuvant cancer treatment phase and fitness phase (once cancer treatments are completed).
What Can I Expect?
The PINC & STEEL program includes:
- Manual physiotherapy
- Physical and functional assessments
- Individualised Clinical exercise including Pilates
- Fatigue management
- Resistance training
- Exercise prescription
PINC & STEEL program aims to help you:
- Optimise physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment related side effects
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
NEXT STEPS is a group exercise program for men and women who have finished their main cancer treatment and want to take the next steps on their road to recovery. The Program runs for one hour per week for ten weeks. It is suitable after any type of cancer surgery or treatment and accommodates all ages, fitness levels and mobility. The Program combines the best Pilates, yoga and cardiovascular exercises for a workout that is specifically designed to help rebuild strength, flexibility and stamina. Weekly take-home resources and exercise handouts are included.